If you haven’t seen the information about RootsMagic and Ancestry.com sync coming soon, I wanted to make sure you got the latest news.
For years, I used the Legacy Family Tree software program, then, because of the ability to sync with Ancestry I made the switch to Family Tree Maker. Full disclosure: I never liked the FTM interface and the only reason I used it was for Ancestry.com syncs.
Two months ago I purchased the latest version of RootsMagic and then downloaded the app for my tablet. Although I can’t yet sync with Ancestry, as the interface isn’t yet complete, I KNOW I’m going to enjoy using this software. It’s intuitive and has great features.
- Automatically search your favorite genealogy records sites including FamilySearch and MyHeritage for possible matches to your data
- NameClean finds and corrects many common problems in personal names in your file
- Compare any two RootsMagic files and display their differences
- Publish your family information to MyRootsMagic.com
- See which groups a person belongs to with the click of a mouse
I just started using the FamilySearch match function a few days ago. It’s going to take me some time to get through my database, but so far I’m liking the ability to match what I have in my records with what’s on FamilySearch. Today I’m going to do the NameClean. Will report on these features as I move forward.
Per the latest news, RootsMagic is doing a lot of beta testing re: the sync process with the hope that the sync ability will be complete by fairly early this year. If you don’t already own RootsMagic, you can click the link above to purchase.