One of my goals is to find historic photos and documents that relate to one of my ancestors.
The types of things I frequently find include
- photos of places they lived
- period maps
- period diaries
- details about typical life in that time period
- photos or drawings of typical household or farm equipment
- political elections
- in other words . . . anything that fleshes out their lives
- a county history
- a biography
- photos of their final resting place
To that end, I scour the Internet for historic photos and documents and so far have had a great deal of success. I’ve created a simple one-page PDF of the places I look first when trying to find historical information. Fill out the form and get an instant download. And if you find another great resources like these, please let me know so I can add them.