AncestorNews takes your privacy seriously. To that end:
- If you follow us via the MiloTree popup (for Facebook & Pinterest) your information is not stored.
- AncestorNews uses ConvertKit to send out its newsletter; ConvertKit is in the process of ensuring that your privacy is protected under the new GDPR guidelines.
- If a survey is run on this site, it is done using SurveyMonkey. AncestorNews does not store your information. The Survey Monkey compliance guidelines are online.
- You may stop receiving newsletters at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each newsletter.
- If you want to receive the free PDF on saving family stories but do NOT wish to receive newsletters, simply click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. I am in the process of adding this checkbox to the sign-up form.
- The only subscriber information saved locally is when a site visitor emails me (Nancy Hendrickson). I save those emails to help me in creating content that subscribers are interested in.
- The WordPress theme used on the site meets GDPR compliance guidelines.
- We are in the process of changing subscription forms to be GDPR compliant.
- We are checking on all plugins to be sure they are GDPR compliant.
I’ve always believed, that it is of utmost importance to ask people’s permission and treat them with respect.
Running this website entails several costs as well as a large amount of time. In order to financially support the site there are two choices:
- Charge readers a monthly fee OR
- Via advertising
Option #2 allows me to offer you information for free. Since I know that many people who use the site are on a limited or set income, I have chosen #2 in order to keep the cost at zero. That means, though, that you’ll see advertising on the site. Some of it may be an obvious ad in a sidebar and some of it less obvious such as an affiliate link. I created this disclosure policy in order to be transparent in how I use advertising to support the costs associated with the site.
I love genealogy and I love sharing what I’ve learned with you. Providing valuable resources and experience is a priority for me. I would like to continue doing that and at this point advertising allows me to keep the site and all of the site content free.
Affiliate Links — Some posts contain affiliate links. What does this mean? I make a small percentage of sales via these links. In NO WAY does this increase the cost YOU pay. All it means is that it helps me maintain the costs associated with this site.
In many instances I have purchased items myself (at full price). I may write a review and even if I receive any kind of affiliate compensation, my reviews include my honest opinions, findings or experiences. You should assume that the links in posts are some type of affiliate or referral links even though there are times that they are not.
Again: If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, my site receives a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy, painless way to help support this site.
Lastly, the views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely mine.
These policies were last updated May 2018.